Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The 7 Minute Life™ Daily Planner from The 7 Minute Life : A TOS Crew Review

7 Minute Life Daily Planner Review
7 Minute Life Daily Planner Review
The 7 Minute Life™ Daily Planner from The 7 Minute Life
 
Cost: $ 24.95

Watch this short introduction video:
 
 
 
Ok moms, this one is for you (all ages can use this planner...)
 
Do you have 7 minutes?  NOPE... neither do I :-)  But, if you will try to focus for at least 7 minutes (the average adult's attention span) you can begin to make changes that can change your life according to The 7 Minute Life™ Daily Planner from The 7 Minute Life
 
The 7 Minute Life™ Daily Planner is the brain child of Allyson Lewis.  She was hard at work, going and doing, in an industry she loved for 30 years...until her body gave out, and her health put the breaks on her busy life.  As a result of her experiences, she wrote this planner to share what she learned during that season.  Her goal is to help you reconnect with YOUR life in a new, and meaningful way, not just to manage your busyness.  She also is committed to positively impacting the world as well, 10% of her net profits go to Share Hope7 Charitable Fund, which provides water, food, education and animals to people in need. 
 
I connected with her story right away.  I like to go, I like to be busy, I like to juggle a million little things, and I like to make it look easy...  BUT,  after struggling with my health last year, in the form of breast cancer, I realize that life is precious and not a single moment is worth wasting.  My time needs to be prioritized, organized and simplified to achieve my goals.
 
Getting started is easy - check out these helpful  Getting Started Videos to get you on your way.
 
7 Minute Life Daily Planner ReviewI found the first 20 pages of this 217 page, spiral bound planner to be the most helpful to me.  They are filled with the "meat" behind this tool.  I have been a planner addict since my first days out of college and in the professional world.  I have keep running "to do" lists, and a master schedule for years (you have to if you have a big family...)  I have never had a planner that I found so personally MOTIVATING! 
 
Starting out by prioritizing my top 10 values with a handy list provided, I was able to identify where my time and money is spent (the true test of what you actually value!)  After I identified my top 10, I could easily see what may be taking up my time, but not matching up to my values. 
 
The next step was to "discover my purpose".  Sounds easy, but - have you ever really clearly and articulately defined your personal purpose?  I had a good idea it had something to do with this amazing bunch of children I have been blessed with, but - to actually write out my purpose was very empowering. 
 
Three basic questions can help you pinpoint your purpose, in just 7 minutes:
 
1.  What do you do for others?
2.  How can you use your gifts and talents to change the world? 
3.  Love is the foundation of purpose.
 
Ask yourself this question..."At the age of 85, I will know I have fulfilled my purpose when..."
 
I know it may sound simple, but this was very profound for me.  It made this planner a more precious tool than many others I have used,  the focus on purpose before filling up the pages with our daily tasks and to do lists!
 
The The 7 Minute Life™ Daily Planner also guides you through the basics needed to keep an organized day with what they call "Micro-Actions" 
  • unfinished tasks checklists
  • removing mental clutter
  • keeping track of home repair
  • making life connections (keeping in touch with those you want to - but, don't connect with daily)
  • annual projects and tasks
  • a 12 month calendar
  •  a meeting calendar (not too useful for the average homeschool mom like me, but - maybe I should schedule some "principal" meetings in here :-)
  • an annual exercise progress report
  • a daily progress report
  • a top priority daily "to do list" - the "5 before 11" goal - 5 things you want to accomplish before 11 am 

7 Minute Life Daily Planner Review
7 Minute Life Daily Planner Review
 
Following the extremely helpful purpose, planning and prioritizing section, the rest of the planner is customizable "Daily Progress Report" pages.  These are where you take what you have learned, and put it into practice! 
 
 I love making lists - I was giddy at these pages!  You can even keep track of how many glasses of water you drink that day!  Did I sleep, exercise, reflect and read?  Yep,  I get to CHECK THEM OFF!  Next to lists, I love getting to check them off - there is power in a checkmark, you know what I'm talking about...
 
Appointments can be recorded on the handy time section, voicemails to return, thank you notes to write, and plenty of space for you to use for notes.  My planner becomes a journal of our life and school year. 
 
Finally, the question of the day that helps keep you on the right track... "Did I do what I said I would do today?" with a yes or no to mark.  This one gets me every time!!
 
The sturdy plastic cover, spiral binding, and the handy 7.3" x 8.5" size make it easy to keep this planner with you on the go. 
 
The 7 Min Life blog offers plenty of helpful and inspirational posts to help you as well - be sure to check out this one - 7 Steps to Homeschool Schedule Sanity (an illusive goal,  I know..)
 
I would highly recommend this tool if you are ready to take 7 minutes and change your life.
 
 
 
 
See what other members of the Crew thought here
 
Click to read Crew Reviews
Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment