Disclaimer: I received a FREE copy of this product through the HOMESCHOOL REVIEW CREW in exchange for my honest review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way
Reading Eggs from Blake eLearning Inc is a great way to keep those reading skills sharp! We have been using our 1 year subscription that gives access to multiple programs and levels for up to 4 children in your family. This program works on your computer, laptop, tablet or on your mobile device with their new app.
- Reading Eggs Junior is designed for your preschoolers - ages 2-4. It uses a variety of read-aloud books, alphabet games and more to get your child focusing on letters and the sounds they make.
- Reading Eggs is for ages 3-7, uses a self-paced program to get your children excited about reading. They can complete a variety of activities and earn golden eggs as a reward!
- MathSeeds is a great program for ages 7-13 to practice and perfect math skills.
- Reading Eggspress helps your younger readers in grades 1-6 to practice their reading skills. A simple placement test helps put them in the correct spot. Both of my testers are using this level. The program is full of games, activities, online books and more that help your child learn to love reading.
- NEW - Fast Phonics is for your 6-10 year olds. It's packed with games and levels to keep your new readers engaged by practicing systematic phonics!
- NEW - Mental Minute Drills - designed to practice and master essential math skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.This program is based on solid research and focuses on building essential reading skills through phonics, sight words, spelling, vocabulary and comprehension. But, it's so fun - they had no idea they were really learning!
Each of them has a customized "Map". Even though my testers are both using Reading Eggspress, they have different maps - depending on which books they have chosen to work on.
They can choose to practice skills like spelling, play games and compete against others, complete lessons to earn golden eggs (the reward!), visit the library, see their targets, play games in the arcade or even go "shopping" at the mall.
A lesson for them covers several key reading skills. Let me give you a peek at one of their lessons.
Cover Story - they answer questions about the cover of their book.
Dictionary lets them learn new vocabulary with dictionary practices.
Fact or Opinion practices recognizing the difference as they read.
Main Idea & Details and Making Inferences helps them identify key sentences and learn to make inferences from what they are reading. The program offers immediate feedback on answers.
Words in Context helps pinpoint how words are being used.
Reading allows them to read directly from an interactive book. They have plenty of great books to choose from.
The Quiz checks how much they remember. They need to score a minimum level to advance to the next step on their map.
After each section is completed, they earn gold "eggs". These are the currency of the program. The eggs can be used to play games, or go shopping! Of course, this is my tester's favorite part. They love to decorate their apartments & avatars...
I'm impressed with the depth of the content on Reading Eggs and my testers love it. I recommend checking them out with the FREE 30 day trial to see for yourself!
Find Blake eLearning Inc on Social Media:
Hashtags: #hsreviews #readingeggs #eggsplorer