Disclaimer: I received a FREE copy of this product through the HOMESCHOOL REVIEW CREW in exchange for my honest review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way
Time Travelers U.S. History Studies The Civil War by Home School in the Woods
The lessons include Text pages - think of these as your "spine" for learning. They are jam packed with information. We like to read them aloud, but they make great independent reading as well. A great feature of these studies is that you pick and choose what you want to print. Everything is well-planned and easy to use, just be sure to stock up on printer ink if you're someone who wants to do it all.
The remainder of each lesson consists of hands-on projects. From mapping, creative writing, lapbooking, cooking and even fun crafts to make - this is what truly sets Home School in the Woods apart! They make history come alive!
Let me show you a few of our projects:
I love all the maps! I like to print them and back them with colored construction paper to make posters for our schoolroom, or to use them in my coop history class.
My testers LOVE the paper dolls - this unit allowed us to learn all about the women of the Civil War and the uniforms of the Union and Confederate soldiers. These lessons never fail to ignite my children's imagination and have the wanting to learn more!
This project - the "Library of Leaders" was fun to make. It's a collection of mini-books about each of these important leaders. I love that these studies give me a chance to be creative too. My testers think they are so "cute" and I've found them reading them to their American Girl dolls for "school".
Of course- the crafts are always a family favorite! The instructions are always very easy to follow - and they make a great reminder of our learning.
Finally, Additional Resources are recommended to keep their learning continuing.
This is a really great way to make history fun and memorable - be sure to check out other Time Travelers U.S. History Studies titles:
- New World Explorers - be sure to check our our review!
- Colonial Life
- The American Revolution
- The Early 19th Century
- The Civil War
- The Industrial Revolution through the Great Depression
- World War II
Home School in the Woods has a great Blog - filled with extra resources to help enhance your history study. Be sure to check it out!
Check out some of the other amazing products from Home School in the Woods the Crew has been reviewing:
- U.S. Elections Lap-Pak (grades 3-8) - We reviewed this last election! Now is a great time to do this one!
- Benjamin Franklin K-2 Lap-Pak (grades K-2)
- Knights K-2 Lap-Pak (grades K-2)
- Timeline Collection: A Collection of Historical Timeline Figures (grades K -12)
- Project Passport World History Studies (grades 3-8) - We reviewed Ancient Greece, Middle Ages & Renaissance & Reformation
- Time Travelers U.S. History Studies (grades 3-8)
- Make-A-State Activity-Pak (grades 3-8)Artists Activity-Pak (grades 3-8)
- Composers Activity-Pak (grades 3-8)
Hashtags: #hsreviews #HSitW #homeschoolinthewoods