Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Paper Jungle by See the Light: A TOS Crew Review

 photo logo_zpsd9b498e2.gif
 

 photo ap_complete_3-small_zps40034088.jpg

 
 
From their website:
"Create a paper collage in the style of French artist Henri Rousseau! Watch and Produce Your Own Masterpiece in 4 Step-By-Step Lessons with Master Artist Pat Knepley!
PAPER JUNGLE is the fourth in a series of ART PROJECTS that advance skills and learning as students complete wonderful works of art in the style of a variety of famous artists.

It includes an in-depth Art History focus on the style of Henri Rousseau, explores related Art Elements and Art Principles, and uses a variety of media. Biblical integration is woven into every single lesson. Geared for ages 10 +. The 4 lesson DVD runs approximately 1 ½ hours, but the student should allow approximately 3 to 4 hours to complete this fabulous work of art!"
 
Cost: $14.99
 
Time for a confession...  I can teach history, science, even reading.  But, I'm a failure at teaching art.  I want to be artistic, truly, I do.  I've come to realize that while I may "want" to be artistic - I'm not.  Time to call for some help!
 
See the Light has come to my rescue!!  The Bentz Test Laboratory was a lucky recipient of their Paper Jungle DVD.  This fabulous instruction video introduced my testers to the works of Henri Rousseau, taught them basic elements of art, and gently guided them to a completed an art project. (and there was no yelling or crying...from me this time!).
 
I am IMPRESSED with this product.  I can teach art... well, actually Ms. Pat is doing the teaching.  Ok, really - all I had to do was assemble the readily available materials:  i.e. paper  (a great way to use up that long forgotten scrapbooking paper), scissors, glue, and a sharpie.  The DVD did the rest!
 
This DVD featured 4 lessons, each section guiding them to complete a component of the finished project while teaching an important art history lesson.  Ms. Pat is so NICE!  My testers loved getting to see her actually do each step.  We could easily pause the DVD anytime to follow along.
 
 
 
Here's some pictures to show our progress:
 
 
1. Background: Cutting Trees (22 minutes) -
 
 
2. Foreground: Grass and Leaf Shapes (27 minutes) & 3. Focal Points: Flora and Fauna (26 minutes)
 
 
4. The Final Step: Overlapping and Gluing (25 minutes) -
 
I have to stop and say - I LOVE that she prayed before glue!  I can't tell you how many disasters could have been prevented doing art if only we had remembered this vital step...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ms. Pat wove bits and pieces of Scripture and plenty of encouragement throughout her lesson.  This is the kind of art teacher I wish I could be!.   Since I'm not, Bentz Test Laboratory will be getting to See the Light from now on!!
 
Other members of the TOS Review Crew took a peek at these titles - check them out :  Cartooning (5+),God's Special Surprise , Shipwrecked , God's Runaway (6+),  Dreams of Joseph ,Tiffany Window,  Repeated Sweets ,Pointillism Fruit, Poppy Collage (10+)
 
Click to read more reviews from the Schoolhouse Review Crew
 
 
Photobucket
 
 
 photo DisclaimerGraphic1_zpsf612f371.gif
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment