Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Girl Time

I finally got the opportunity to sneak away with just my swee daughter, Selah. We planned our first Mother/Daughter Getaway to Fredericksburg, TX.

Only about a hour and half away... it was a perfect destination for us.

First stop... lunch at a German restaurant (what Fredricksbug is famous for) and then off to the quilt shop!! One Quilt Place is a wonderful shop, we both walked in and took a huge breath of delight!  Fabric is a shared love of ours.





But, our getaway wasn't just about eating and shopping (although, we did a lot of both of those activities...)  I took Selah away on my first ever - Passport to Purity weekend,  a time for us to discuss the important changes and challenges she'll be facing as she heads into her teenage years.

This is an amazing curriculum to guide you through this conversation.  It is audio cd's with Dennis Rainey and his wife, Barbara teaching.  VERY WELL DONE!  In addition to the 5 lessons, they have 5 demonstration projects you prepare to reinforce the teaching points, a journal to take notes in, and plenty of parental support to guide you through, even a what to pack list.  (this isn't a review by the way, I just loved this program and wanted to share.)



This was just the program we needed.  It gave me a structure to work with, and the teaching was very straightforward and offered us plenty of discussion points.  I had been very nervous about doing "the talk", but it turned out to be a very special and bonding time for us.  I wouldn't have done it any other way!


My beautiful young woman, how blessed am I?




Told you we ate all the time!!




We stayed at a sweet Bed & Breakfast,  and had our cream with or without coffee on the gazebo every morning.  Our last night, we completed the study with Selah signing a contract to maintain her purity, and wait to date.  Matt and I gave her a grown-up, beautiful pink and brown study Bible to remind her of this special time. 




After a special dinner out at a nice spot - we went back to our plush bedroom and watched HGTV together...girl style ;-)




Best weekend getaway ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment