From their website:
42,000 spelling words with customizable sentences and definitions
There are three basic ways to use VocabularySpellingCity:
1. No registration necessary. This is the most basic way to use the site. Just go to our homepage, enter your words and then take a test or play a game. You have access to great Teacher Resources such as math vocabulary, compound words, and Dolch-sight word lists. This gives you a taste of what you can do on the site, but you need to enter your words every time.
2. Basic Membership. Register for an account and you can save your lists! There is no charge for this membership and there is no limit on how long you can use it. Your saved and imported lists appear on your homepage for easy access. Students can search for your lists using our Find A List feature.
3. Premium Membership. You also have the option of upgrading to a Premium Membership - $29.99 per year (up to 5 students!) Premium Membership includes the following additional benefits:
- Individual student logins
- Premium games and activities
- Access to vocabulary content
- Student and list grouping
- No commercial ads
The Bentz Test Laboratory LOVES this program - you will want the Premium Membership! Spelling and vocabulary usually get a groans and moans around here... but, all that changed when I introduced them to VocabularySpelling City! Now, I hear cheers for these subjects...
Here's what we liked most, it's so easy to use and full of resources! We log on, set up word lists,or choose from lists already created and we off and learning (while having fun!)
In addition - you can print many of the resources, including games. No more spelling or vocabulary workbooks for us! Several of our favorites - HangMouse is an online version of hangman to review your spelling word, and Hig Pig - a word game that asks you to solve a riddle. The answers are two rhyming one-syllable words.
I appreciated this program is for K-12 students, it's great to have a program that ALL of my children can use and benefit from. Best of all - it's VERY AFFORDABLE!
I was able to have my kindgergarten tester working on phonics, my elementary testers completing Language Arts lessons, followed by my high school tester working on algebra terms and SAT vocab. It's a great value to the busy homeschool mom! Did I mention the printable handwriting sheets, sentence & paragraph writing practice, a full sequential spelling program, many useful teaching resouces and even a Free App?!
This is a MUST HAVE resource for your homeschool - actually a treasure chest of resources! Not to mention - your children will beg you for computer time (and you can say "yes" without hesitation because they will be learning!)
I was sent a complimentary subscription in exchange for my honest opinion as a part of the TOS Review Crew.