Friday, October 7, 2011

American Girl Club - Felicity - Week 1






We're back!  American Girl Club (and the MCA- Masculine Club of Awesomeness - what else do pre-teen & teenage boys call themselves?) is starting our new year with Felicity...

Our first craft is making Mob Caps and decorating Straw Hats...
I'm not sure who had more fun, the girls - or the moms?  We definitely took more pictures of us!

For the Mob Caps - I used a round platter I had to draw a large circle on white muslin.  Then, I used a smaller platter for the inner circle.  I found cute lace at Wal-mart which I pre-sewed around the circle's edge (we haven't taught the girls the sewing machine lesson yet!).  I carefully clipped small holes along the inner circle.  The girls then wove a piece of ribbon (with a saftey pin "needle) around the inner circle to make it gather.  And, it worked beautifully - instant Mob caps with minimal sewing (at least during our meeting..)




For the Straw Hats - my dear friends at Oriental Trading had the perfect hat, even with colorful ties.  We hot-glued silk flowers on our hats. Each one matched the owner's personality.  Some very flowerly, some not as much.





Our MCA continued on with their study of "Do Hard Things" by the Harris brothers.  And our "littles" played happily together. 
Have I mentioned - we have 6 families: 12 girls, 9 boys, and 9 littles with 2 new members expected any day?



I can't wait for the rest of our Felicity projects... Colonial Christmas is going to be so much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment