Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Catus Jelly - Yeah for Texas!

We are learning all about our new home state... Texas!

This week, at Coop, we made Cactus Jelly.  I really thought it would be green...goes to show how much I have to learn :-)


I can't resist sharing some of our littlest kiddos learning in the kitchen!



 
 
 
Did you know this part of the cactus is called a "tuna"?  Neither did I - it's where the juice for the jelly comes from....
 

 
I just love this picture!  All hands on deck for this adventure!

 
 
This is an authentic "Texan" recipe from a Texan Grandmother...  I love handwritten recipes passed down the generations.  Note:  Write some of your favorites down - BY HAND for your kiddos!!
 






 
 
Our finished product!


 
 
Our jelly didn't quite set as expected.. but is was AMAZING on our pancakes the next day!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment