Friday, December 6, 2013

India on my Mind - Part 2



Did you miss my intro post...  read it here.


We did it, we actually traveled 27 hours to the other side of the world, and we were in India.

India is an overload to your senses.  It's bright, crowded, noisy, smelly, hot and completely wonderful! I know that not all of you would agree...  but, I fell in love at first sight!

Our first task was to go shopping... we needed Indian apparel.  We wore the - "Salwar Kameez".  A tunic like top, with drawstring baggy pants.  I'm telling you, Indians are on the right track - comfortable clothing that is pretty too!!  So many colors, fabrics and designs to pick from.  It was an experience in itself, picking out our outfits.    Imagine Black Friday - everyday!   I got 4 new outfits for around $60, what a deal.  
 









We actually had to cross the street to meet back up with our van. It was a bit like a "Frogger" game... Here, I tell my children to carefully look both ways before crossing. In India - we had to look for an opening and run for it! I was terrified, but excited.

People, people, people - everywhere! Animals too... Motorcycles and Auto rickshaws are the main vehicles, but there are many trucks and buses too. All shoulder to shoulder, no lanes. Rule of the road - "largest vehicle has the right away". Hey, with my big van, maybe I could drive in India?!


 
Here we are in our new outfits. Sam did the typical male thing... the men went to one store, picked out one shirt and were done. The ladies of the group took a little longer... :-) But, he chose well, I think India looks good on him!




Aren't we colorful?


Stay tuned...more to come!






No comments:

Post a Comment