Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Writing - I Needed Help!

I'm so excited, I just have to share.  I teach a bunch (14 to be exact) wild and creative 3-4th graders writing at our Co-op.   I have to stop to breathe... 14 of them and only 1 of me.

Well, I was supposed to get a break  , I mean have to go to jury duty this week.  It's our final week before Christmas break. 

I called to check on my jury duty status - like how long will I be there, what kind of snacks to bring,  no children - right?, and that kind of thing.  I started with "I'm a homeschool mom of 8" - the judge's secretary put me on hold and came back and told me I was excused by the judge!  Wow - I've never had that response before :-)

Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled rant about my writing class.  GLUP!  I'm now going to be teaching tomorrow!! (of course, I usually don't prepare until the day before... see comment "I'm a homeschool mom of 8" above)  We're currently working in the All Things Fun & Fascinating by IEW.  But, covering Christmas poetry should be a fun day.

Off to my friend - Pinterest.  I found wonderful, FREE templates for each of our Christmas poetry types, and they are too good not to share with you!

Christmas Acrostic:   Take the word "Christmas" and create a poem with each letter.  (If you're on my Christmas card list...I want you to know I had this idea loooong before I saw this lesson!)




Christmas Cinquain:  A poem of syllables.  Cute template with instructions



Christmas Senses Poem:  Describe Christmas with a line for each sense.




A couple of ink cartridges later, I'm ready for class, and with cute printables!  I hope you enjoy these as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment