Sunday, January 9, 2011

Easy Classical




Let me introduce you to - Easy Classical

I was sent a copy for my honest review as part of The Oldschoolhouse Review Crew, no other compensation.

Easy Classical is a company that specializes in providing the busy homeschool mom with a valuable, time-saving product. Following the guidelines in The Well Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home by Susan Wise Bauer, Sandra Williams of Easy Classical gives you a 36 Week, framework schedule to cover each historical time period.

I was given the Early Modern History Schedule to review.

Here's what I liked:

I love to combine different curriculums, books and resources together as we study. This does that for me! (anyone else out there suffering from "I got-to-do-it-all syndrome can contact me... I can't promise any help, but I'd love to hear what you're doing so that I don't miss out on something good...)The variety of resources also provides opportunities for all your kiddos learning styles to be accomodated.

Simple, easy to follow layout. Very easy to understand, very easy to read. Comprehension quesions and answers are even on the same page. Shopping lists are also on the page for next week's planning. I really appreciate a one-page per week format (easier on the printing toner costs that way...)

Each week has a Comprehension Quiz for your student to complete. Even though you are pulling from various books, it puts it all together into one quiz for you.

Cost effective - you can purchase this Early Modern History Schedule for $29.95(download version) or $35.95(printed version).

Easy Classical has Writing (that is a companion to IEW - love it!!),Copywork Geography and Science plans as well. They range in cost from $9.95 - $29.99 for downloadable products. (print versions are always available as well). Complete curriculum packages are available (if you just got to "Do it all").

The schedule uses books that I already have on my shelves, many popularly recommended resources. Easy Classical will also provide you with books lists - directly linked to various buying options. (I love that it's not just the titles, but a cover picture... I'm so visual...)

Overall, I thought this product is a great value. Time is the one component that I never have enough of, well, time and money... Having the schedule completed is a huge time saver (and it's affordable). If you are a "Classical" homeschooler, you will love this schedule. If you're not, it may convince you to become one.

See what the other reviewers thought here

No comments:

Post a Comment