Friday, April 24, 2020

Dinner Challenge... Bentz Style

I'm tired of making dinner every.single.night, anyone feeling it with me?  How many ways can one cook chicken?

I looked around and noticed that - I HAVE A LOT OF KIDS!  Why haven't I notice them before?

I had an inspired idea...why no match up siblings (youngest-oldest, and on down the line) and create a Dinner making challenge? It will teach them some valuable life skills while lightening my load.  Brilliant idea... the experts were right, with all this isolation and quarantine, we're getting more creative!

Rules were simple - make a home made meal for 9 of us that includes a main course and a fruit or veggie as a side item. Grocery supplies were to be added to the master list before I left for the store, or you had to create from the pantry.

Here are Week One results:


Night One: Oldest and Youngest sibling paired up to bring us - world famous Bentz Butter Burgers fresh off the grill with fresh strawberries and blueberries and a side of kettle cooked chips.



Night Two - Chicken Fajita Quesadillas along with grapes and chips/queso.


Night Three - the much anticipated girl duo presents Bacon Wrapped ranch chicken with a coleslaw and bacon salad and Sun Chips. They added a bonus dessert - cheescake chess squares for a shot at winning it all.


Night Four - the all boy team (who accepted the challenge to cook from the pantry) brought us Taco night with all the fixins' and pineapple slices and mandarin oranges.  Not to be outdone... they focused on the ever important aspect of "presentation is everything" and made homemade lemonade.


So what did we learn?  Cooking for the family can be fun, planning ahead is a necessity and we love to eat!

I am already looking forward to next week's challenge.  I'm pretty sure I'm never cooking dinner again...



No comments:

Post a Comment