Friday, July 19, 2019

On the Road Again

We braved it... the long road trip to MN.  I was majorly intimidated to drive all that way, with 7 of my kiddos, all alone.  But, we did it!

I will be updating you on our trip over the next several posts.

Here's my first Bentz Bunch Travel Tip:

 *Rent a travel car!  My van is nearing 250,000 miles and I was not certain I could rely on it for a cross-country trip.  I got a deal from my sweet aunt, who works for Enterprise, and it was the BEST money ever spent!

Apparently, passenger vans are a hot rental commodity, and they couldn't deliver what I had ordered.  Instead, I got to drive a 2019 Yukon XL - which the girls nicknamed "Yukon Cornelius".  It had only 2,500 miles on it.  WOW!  It's been about 20 years since I've gotten to drive that new of a vehicle.





It may have been a bit tighter for the passengers, but I was in comfort all the way!  With all the fun features and gadgets...how did I survive with out seat coolers?

We made it all the way there and back - and I drove every mile!!  I even parallel parked it in downtown Kansas City, MO (on the first try...thank you backup camera, and teenage son directions being yelled at me...)


I'm spoiled.  But, I'm great at Tetris, and packing!

And, coming back to my real vehicle was a bit of a disappointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment