Friday, June 21, 2019

Jump!

We spent a lovely day with friends at Guadalupe State Park. A much needed escape from reality.

There was a river, with a fast current for tubing, and a huge, tall cypress tree.  It was made for climbing and jumping.  A magnet for my kids.


Up they went, and down they came! Over and over and over.



 I was proud of how brave they are.  And, how much like that big, high tree branch our lives are right now.  We have found ourselves out on a limb, in a new place...looking down, not sure what to do. 

One of my younger daughters sat on that branch longer, looking down longer, and getting more and more scared.  We all started encouraging her, a friend came and sat with her, and finally she closed her eyes and jumped!




Once she conquered her fear, we couldn't stop her.  A reminder to me, we are not alone, we need encouragement, and we will make it off that limb!


I love how they teach me, everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment