Monday, January 23, 2017

No more UFOs!

I have to take a minute to brag... I have no more U.F.O.s in my quilting stash!  I mean, no more Un-Finished Objects!  Actually...a small disclaimer:  no UFO that was previously started and set aside for 10-20 years...there may be plenty of fabric stashed away for projects intended to be started though.


Here's what my daughter inspired me to tackle:


My "Color Wash Irish Chain" king-sized quilt.  Finally, a quilt for my bed!  I did this one early in my quilting years, hand quilted parts of it, and packed it away for the next 10-12 years while I started homeschooling a bunch of kiddos....






My crossed-stitched - "Angel of Light".  I completed the stitching of this one 20 years ago (no lie...I stitched the date on it) and had no idea how  I wanted to finish it.  Selah decided it would be a lovely Christmas throw pillow.




We call this one "The Ultimate Quilt Makeover".  We had to basically do a "fixer upper" quilt edition on this one.  We took the torn back off, repaired the blocks, then re-backed (with a bed sheet), re-pinned, and re-quilted.  Matt has his TV quilt back... if the kids will share :-)




I feel so productive!  I may not quilt for another 10 years....

No comments:

Post a Comment