From their website:
TruthQuest History is a deep and rich literature-based history study…but with a difference. You will not learn the story of mankind; you will learn the lovestory of mankind. You will not focus on the rise and fall of human civilizations; you will focus on the arrow-straight line of God's unchanging existence, power, love, truth, and plan for civilization. You will not simply 'meet the culture' or 'get the facts;' you will probe the truths of history so deeply that your students will be equipped to change their world!
You can use this handy guide to find where to start. They offer samples of each guide as well.
I was sent a complimentary copy of :
Your children must understand the deep issues of this time period! It was such a crossroad! They will see two different responses develop to the spiritual emptiness of the late Middle Ages--an emptiness quite like that of our own age, so we can learn much.
- It was good for the people to seek truth, but where did they turn? Themselves? God?
- How did the 'searchings' of the great artists, scientists, mathematicians, architects, businessmen, writers, philosophers, rulers, and explorers affect their awesome achievements?
- This truth quest, and the decisions made in response, determined the future of many nations--those that were on their way to cataclysm and those headed for greater freedom.
- The issues are not Catholic vs. Protestant, as TruthQuest History explains, so people of both faiths can feel safe using this guide.
- Ideally for Grades 5-12, but younger siblings can participate. Includes book recommendations for all ages, where available.
Here's what the Bentz Test Laboratory thought...
I have been eager to get my hands on this program for quite awhile. We LOVE history at our home (almost as much as we love history resources!) If you are like us, this program will appeal to you. It's chronological, and it's very large-family, multi-level friendly. Plus, it's affordable and reusuable! If you love books - this guide will give you all the recommendations you need to build an amazing history library for your family.
Read their educational philosophy for yourself...
It was an easy program to pick up and begin - if, you have a well stocked library already. If you don't, you're going to have to go shopping! (a bonus in my opinion...)
The tone of the author speaks directly to your student in the commentary sections (I'd recommend you read first, and then paraphrase the information they need). And in my opinion, this is the only weak point in this program. It comes across a little bit like trying really hard, but "talking down" to their level (maybe it's just the editing!).
I love the variety of literature choices recommended. The ThinkWrite exercises are well thought out, and provide the meat of the learning. If you like to be able to pick and choose a curriculum to fit your family, rather than trying to fit your family into a specific curriculum, this may be just what you are looking for!
See what the other members of the TOS Review Crew thought here.
I was sent a complimentary PDF download in exchange for my honest opinion as part of the TOS Review Crew.