Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Terrific Tigers












Terrific Tigers - a Download N Go Unit Study by Amanda Bennett




$7.95 per unit




Have you wanted to be a Unit Study-professional-homeschool-mom? Have your children happily following after your every move as you skillfully plan and execute the perfect unit themed study? After you woke from this dream... you realized - you just don't have the time to pull it off?



Hang in there, help is on the way! Amanda Bennett has created the answer to our dilemma - it's called a "Download N Go" unit study, and she has many great, engaging topics to choose from.



The one I was happy to do is called : Terrific Tigers

(by the way, I wasn't paid for my honest opinion...)

A Download N Go study is a one week (5 day) unit study. It's called Download N Go, because that is all you need to do...download it, and go off on the adventure of learning (no trips to the library needed, unless you were there already...)

Terrific Tigers was so much fun! We learned so much about tigers. We learned about a different sub-species of tiger each day. In addition, we covered geography, science, art history and appreciation, math, vocabulary and literature. But, it was so enjoyable, we didn't even realize how much we were learning. Each Day covered a new aspect of tigers, and by the end of our week we had all the pieces to assemble a lapbook to showcase all that we had learned. (The final tiger covered was one of our favorites... you'll have to get this unit to see why!)

The unit is full of video links and web cams. The children and I could not get enough of watching these marvelous creatures. And, best of all - I didn't have to search high and low on the internet to find them! The unit also offers Book Suggestions to go with each day, and an entire page of Family Fun Ideas to keep the learning going (we can hardly wait to make a Tiger Cake).

I have completed several of the Download N Go units, and this was one of our favorites. I can't believe the amount of information presented. Amanda Bennett has put together an amazing learning tool. I highly recommend adding several (or more) of these fun units into your usual school routine... I know it will add a little "spice" to your day!

Lydia was very excited to be my "tester" - and is proudly displaying her "endangered species" - a COMPLETED lapbook! (a major benefit to this unit study - a lapbook with all the pieces ready to go...)


I am so excited about this product - that I have been given the opportunity to GIVE ONE AWAY FREE!!! This is a first for my blog... a giveaway! Please leave a comment, include your email - and if you are chosen in our random drawing on October 29th - I'll send you your very own copy of "Terrific Tigers" for free! (Sorry, no TOG Review Crew or DNG Review Crew, or any other affiliates of The Old Schoolhouse can win...)



See what the other reviewers thought at: http://homeschoolblogger.com/downloadngo/?p=935

3 comments:

  1. AH!!! I have been wanting to try these! Angela has done a couple with her kids and loved them. I am getting such a kick out of reading all your posts, and how they all say you still aren't getting paid for this. Lol. Great talking with you the other day. Miss you!
    jesfrs@hotmail.com
    ps...google keeps listing me as wade, but you know this is jess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun review to read! (BTW, I'm a DNG reviewer, and TOS Crew mate...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your blog! Quite impressed with Lydia's project. Looks like lots of fun (I don't let my kids do many "fun" things - maybe I should consider unit studies!?!) brasn@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete