Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Henna

One of the classes I teach at our Co-op is called "Current Events/Worldview".

We have been doing a variety of current event related activities using our World News.  AND, we have been using Sonlight's Worldview curriculum to study the major world religions with the acronym THUMB (tribal, hindu, unreligious, muslim, buddhist)

My students have taken up the challenge to collect all the spare change they can find for our "generous jar".




This week - we discussed the Hindu religion.  I shared my India experiences - including our very own version of henna tattoos (washable markers).  They were challenged to create a henna design they could use to share their faith.  Do you see the crosses?





 Here's my last henna in India - it was truly a work of art.   I miss India...


No comments:

Post a Comment