Thursday, March 22, 2018

Super Beads from Zirrly: A TOS Crew Review

Super Beads Jungle Animals
*******
Add caption
Super Beads from Zirrly

We are always creating with fuse beads... I do mean always!  I'm so excited to introduce you to the iron-free way to create - Super Beads from Zirrly.  

Our kit, recommended for ages 5 and up, came with everything we needed -   
  • Clear trays for placing beads
  • pattern cards
  • instructions 
  • spray bottle
  • plastic tool
The most exciting part - NO more ironing for me!!  After years of using beads that need to be fused by ironing, I was happy to put my iron away.  These beads fuse with just a spray of water...YEAH!

We received the Jungle Animals kit to create with.  This kit came with pattern cards to create 6 animals: Lion, Rhino, Elephant, Zebra, Owl, and Monkey.

My testers were so excited to get creating.  They are not new to beading, and very happy to make their creations, and complete them right away.  When you're too young to use the iron, your creations may wait awhile around here until mom finds time to iron...

After years of working with beads, I can tell you some benefits to this "art form".  First, my children have gotten great hand/eye coordination from working with the fine motor skills needed to place the beads into the board. The focus and attention needed are valuable skills to practice.  Also, following a pattern and counting spaces is a great math skill.  Finally, they love to use their imaginations to freely create bead projects, even without patterns.

My kiddos have beaded every thing under the sun - from world flags (yes, he did the entire world...), football teams, pets, and even jewelry.  Zirrly just made it even easier for them to create!

These kits make it easy to create the designs with patterns that rest under the clear board.  My testers got right to work creating their "jungle".


They loved getting to spray their design with the little spray bottle (perfect for little hands) Did I mention how much I loved not having to iron?  I think the only thing I've ironed in the past 20 years is beads... After the design is sprayed with water, it takes about 60 minutes to dry and you can remove it from the board.

One thing my testers liked was the flexibility of the designs.  The beads have a more flexible feel to them, and when the design is removed it is bendable.



 My testers loved these.  I loved them too, they were able to create independently, with no mess.  These would make excellent birthday gifts...

Be sure to check out the other kits the Crew got to create with:

My testers had so much fun, they decided to create a zoo for all their new animals.  Like the cages?

No comments:

Post a Comment