Wednesday, September 21, 2016

He's home...

After all our summer road trips, a weekend at the beach... it came.  Move-in day!

He's attending the University of Mary-Hardin Baylor in Belton, TX.  2 1/2 hours away.  It's happening...

What a bittersweet day!!  I'm so excited for his new adventure, he's soooo ready, and I'm just not sure I'm ready...

It was pouring rain.  His roommate seems nice.  Did I remember to tell him all the important things? Did I pack what he really needs?  Is he ready?  Are we?

We moved his pile into the room pretty fast (helps to have lots of us!) and had him unpacked and arranged pretty quick.  His sisters :-)  I kept reorganizing everything, I'm not sure he'll even know what is there until mid-semester when he happens to discover it.


He is ready.

I will be....after I dry a few tears...



 He was interviewed on TV!  Just minutes after we unpacked.  He's going to be a rock-star.



I barely made it through the "Parent talk" at Welcome Week - telling us they are ready, they will be okay, we will be okay.  Now - go home and leave them!



Our final family pic of the summer...  the last one of "us" like we have always been...together!


No comments:

Post a Comment