Saturday, May 11, 2013

Papa's Pearls: A TOS Crew Review



 photo papaspearlslogo_zps7e410f29.jpg

 photo papaspearls_zps509cd1df.jpg
 

  Papa’s Pearls: A Father’s Gift of Love and Wisdom to His Children and Grandchildren by Diane Flynn Keith



From their website:
"..Tells the story of how my father transformed his own life as a Depression Era street kid on a fast track to prison to become the archetype of a successful self-made man who was also a loving father.
The nurturing customs, practical advice, and life success principles (learned through the school of hard knocks) that he dispensed to me, my siblings, and his grandchildren, can be used to transform your life, achieve your dreams, and strengthen or rebuild bonds with your family."

 
Available through Homefires for $21.97 (includes shipping). The book is also available on Amazon in paperback or Kindle edition.


Finally, I get to be the tester at Bentz Test Laboratory! 


I read Papa’s Pearls: A Father’s Gift of Love and Wisdom to His Children and Grandchildren by Diane Flynn Keith.  This 17 chapter, 112 page book is packed full of wisdom.

The author Diane Flynn Keith publishes three e-newsletters that include ClickSchooling, Carschooling, and Universal Preschool. Diane strives to liberate families from conventional schooling.    Check out her book: Carschooling: Over 350 Entertaining Games & Activities To Turn Travel Time Into Learning Timewww.Carschooling.com

I love the author's conversational tone,  I felt like we were old friends reminiscing together over a cup of coffee.  She introduces us to her "Papa" - Carol Joseph Flynn.  He was born in 1922 and died in 2011.  His lifetime spans a great period of change in American history.  In fact, I plan to have my children read this book during our study of that time period, because of it's richness. 

"Papa" is full of "pearls of wisdom".  The short, easy to read chapters introduce you to them.  "What's the Worst Thing that Could Happen", "Tell Yourself You Like It", "It's All About Family", and "Doodle-lee Do It" - I found myself laughing and crying with this incredible family. 

The common-sense approach to life reminded me of my own parents. The hard work ethic and redemption story, plus lessons on loving each other well - will inspire you and your family.

This book is packed with wisdom, but wrapped in a story that you won't be able to forget.  A must read!
 

Click to read more reviews from the Schoolhouse Review Crew

Photobucket
 
 
 photo DisclaimerGraphic1_zpsf612f371.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment