Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy 18th Anniversary!

 
Happy Anniversary to my best friend in the entire world!  I love you more and more each day.  This was on our wedding program....  The words mean even more after 18 years together.  I pray I'll never stop counting the ways I love you!



How Do I Love Thee?

by Elizabeth Barrett Browning

 

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
 
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
 
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
 
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
 
I love thee freely, as men strive for right.
 
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
 
I love thee with the passion put to use In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
 
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose With my lost saints.
 
I love thee with the breath, Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
 
I shall but love thee better after death.
 
 




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment