Thursday, December 9, 2010

Good Morning, God



Hello Everyone!



Here's another review from the TOS Review Crew. Apologia sent me this beautiful children's book for my honest review of it, no compensation included :-)



You can order yours here

Retail price: $14.00

(a great Christmas gift idea...)



This beautifully illustrated children's book is recommended for ages 1-8 (but, all my children ages 1-13 enjoyed listening to it...)



It is meant to encourage you to live out the Deuteronomy 6:6-7 passage. "These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you walk alont the road, when you lie down and when you get up."



It is written as a walk through your week - Sunday through Saturday, and encourages your child to think about God all day.



You can use this book in several ways, first - just read it through as a story (our favorite way to enjoy a book...). Or, at the end of the book are suggested questions you can use and activities to do.



You could really make it into a "mini-curriculum" if you choose... read a selection, answer questions, and do the activities. Some of the questions would make great journaling prompts for an older child. And, several questions would lead to more in-depth study topics. (I think my affection for a unit study is showing...)



Basically, I found this to be a charming children's book, complete with a great message. It's the kind of "cuddle up and let's read" type of book my "littles" love.



Apologia also offers a Coloring book as a companion. See them online at www.apologia.com
I bet it would make a great stocking stuffer!


See what the other reviewers thought here

No comments:

Post a Comment