Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Glad I Did!


I’m glad I did! I’m glad I chose to listen to the promises of the Lord and to choose to have my children. In this age, it’s a rare voice that tells you to “go ahead, have more kids”. The culture is loudly telling you, “Don’t, You Can’t, You Shouldn’t!


We were walking along a path this week, with my 4 of my 8 children walking ahead.  I paused a moment and realized that if I had made a different choice… none of these children would be here! 


Can I gently remind you what the Lord says… “Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.” Psalm 127:3 That’s right, they are a GIFT and a REWARD. That’s vastly different from the message around us that tells us they are a BURDEN and RESPONSIBILITY.


I didn’t start out a “Mom of Many” (I have 8 children; Don has 8 children - Yes - that’s 16!) I started out as a college-educated, independent-thinking woman with a future career all planned out…MY way. Thank God, he caught my attention and gave me with the “desires of my heart” before I even knew what they were, by blessing me with my children.






God wants to BLESS you with children, they are one of his best gifts. Have you ever told the Lord: 

"Don’t bless me with too much health - how would I handle it all?” 
or 
"
Nope God, that’s plenty of money, I’ve got my hands full!” 

NO way! We ask the Lord to abundantly bless us in so many areas, except by giving us children. 


Trust me, I wrestled with God in this area. I had to be completely transformed by HIM in my thinking. He used some Godly voices to teach me the truth and I’m praying HE does same for some of you. If you need encouragement – please feel free to contact me!


Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2






No comments:

Post a Comment