Thursday, November 1, 2018

Balancing Diapers and Deadlines from Lisa Tanner Writing: A TOS Crew Review

Lisa Tanner Writing

Balancing Diapers and Deadlines


Balancing Diapers and Deadlines from Lisa Tanner Writing

Don't let this title fool you.... Balancing Diapers and Deadlines from Lisa Tanner Writing is for every mom.

This online course is designed to help you maximize your time by streamlining your home systems.  I am a busy, homeschooling mom-of-eight...plus -  I am a work-at-home mom as well!  In addition to a wonderful 20 hours per week position with The Texas Homeschool Coalition, I am part of the The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Review Crew team of bloggers.   I am in my 9th year of writing reviews of homeschool products and curriculum.

Even though we are past the "diapers" portion, this course was exactly what I needed.  It is a 30 lesson course you work through at your own pace.  It is very easy to use, and designed by a fellow mompreneur (with nine children too!). 

The lessons are in sections:
  • Welcome to Balancing Diapers and Deadlines 
  • Building Your Foundation with the Basics 
  • Minimize Your Decisions 
  • Minimize Your Decisions: The Annual Meal Plan 
  • Sustainable Growth 
  • Growing a Business with Your Kids Around 
  • Boost Your Productivity 
  • Closing Thoughts






Each of the units is made up of multiple lessons.  The lessons are easily read in about 10 minutes, or less.  The lessons consist of helpful tips and encouragement from the author with multiple "action steps"  you can take to begin to implement these productivity boosting tools in your home.


I found myself with plenty of extra time during my husband's surgery and recovery, and this was the perfect time to invest in my "professional development" and use some "think time".  As I read through Lisa Tanner's course - I found plenty of useful reminders,  things like meal planning and chores have been long-time staples for survival in our household.  However, I also realized that I have gotten a bit too relaxed in some of these areas, and this course was just what I needed to get back into these helpful routines!

Throughout this course, the author provides extra links to helpful articles and other courses with downloadable forms you can use and personalize.



One sections I loved was the "Growing a Business with Your Kids Around" - in this section, she offers sections for every age group.  Each sections gives you specific ideas to help keep your children productively engaged, so you can focus on your business. She even offers ideas for helping integrate your children into your business (my children have been testers for my reviews for years...) She understands the challenges of having a child with special needs, and offers great practical tips here as well.  This is a great list for all parents, not just those who are building a home business with children around!



One of the things I really enjoyed with this course was the ability to work at my own pace.  Some topics didn't necessarily apply, and I could breeze through them.  You simply mark a section complete after you finish, but you can easily return to it again, if you want to.  It's well organized, and packed with useful information.

I highly recommend this course - You will definitely find help and encouragement that you need!


Balancing Diapers and Deadlines {Lisa Tanner Writing Reviews}
Find Lisa Tanner Writing on Social Media:

Facebook: https://facebook.com/lisatannerwriting
Instagram: https://instagram.com/lisatannerwrites
Twitter: https://twitter.com/lisatannerwrite
Pinterest: https://pinterest.com/lisatannerwrite

Hashtags:
#hsreviews #mompreneurlife #workingfromhome #productivity



Balancing Diapers and Deadlines {Lisa Tanner Writing Reviews}
Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment